Features of New X-Racer Quadrant 35A 2-6S 32Bit BLHeli_32 ESC:
The new X-Racer Quadrant BLHeli_32 ESC has followed the design of previous 4-in-1 design of X-Racer Quadrant. It is not a single board, but four tiny ESCs can be installed separately on the arms, or installed together like a PCB under the flight controller. This is the 35A version, there is also another 25A version available for your choice.
The new X-Racer Quadrant 35A is flashed with the latest BLHeli_32 program. Dshot up to at least Dshot1200, and at rates up to at least 32kHz is now supported. BLHeli_32 is the 3rd generation of BLHeli firmware after BLHeli and BLHeli_S. BLHeli_32 runs on an ARM 32bit MCU, initially it will be on a Cortex-M0 running at 48MHz, but there are MCUs out there that can run a lot faster.
The way “pass-through” works is quite similar to previous versions such as BLHeli_S. Basically it uses the flight controller as a programming tool or adapter to allow the computer to talk to the ESC’s directly, so you can change settings or flash new firmware etc.
So what can the increased MCU speed do?
First of all, it can run input signals with lower latency at faster rates.
Dshot up to at least Dshot1200, and at rates up to at least 32kHz is now supported.
Secondly it allows packing of more functionality.
- Like programmable pwm frequency, up to 48kHz, that can run motors even smoother, and also allows for moving of small but potentially disturbing humps in the throttle response. All ESCs have these bumps, with BLHeli_32 they can now be moved in the rpm range, to a place where the system has low sensitivity to them.
- Like auto timing. Which is not the option to choose if you’re after max power. But if you want the most efficient running with very good robustness against desync, it is the perfect choice.
- Like voltage and current limiting. Which is implemented in the code, and will be supported on some ESCs. Voltage limiting is desirable for fixed wing crafts. And current limiting adds protection against ESC failure.
- Like programmable brake on stop force. Which allows control of the braking of fixed wing props.
- Like improved direction change in bidirectional mode.
- Like more to come in the future. Such as setup from the FC by using Dshot commands. Such as telemetry functionality. There is room to grow performance and functionality.
Pack for one piece.
Pack for a set of 4 pieces.